Friday, March 13, 2015

Friday the 13th, starring Lil' Jason Voorhees

Does it happen often that there's two Friday the 13ths in consecutive months?  I haven't heard of it.  I also don't usually care about it...or pay attention.

Usually I might register a "don't step on a crack," but even that I don't think very seriously.  It's a bogus day with no meaning - not unlike Valentines Day.  Only nobody feels like they need to buy anyone a gift.  Sometimes it might be worth seeing a Friday the 13th movie...but even that feels more like a Halloween thing.

So with that said, I illustrated a Jason as part of a gallery show I did back in 2009:
Adorable lil' Jason Voorhees

And today, to celebrate Friday, March 13th, 2015 - I drew this Jason:
 
 He turned out a little more sinister than I originally planned.  But that's the difference between my 2009 and 2015 style.  I still like cleaning up most of my drawings in Adobe Illustrator, but sometimes (like in this recent Jason piece) I'll just do the cleanup with a proprietary brush in Photoshop.

Happy Friday the 13th.  Don't step on a crack.

No comments:

 
Free Hit Counter