Wednesday, June 24, 2015

The Sentence is Dredd!!!

I've been on a Judge Dredd kick lately, I did two Dredd sketches and then two colored pencil versions.

I feel like I need to do another one though, because I'm still not satisfied with it.  But as a break from that I thought I'd do a version of Judge Death.

The Dredd comics have had a lot of iconic bad guys, but none captured our imagination as much as the Dark Judges.  Sometimes they were captured or defeated in silly ways, but they were such great character designs - with each one of the Dark Judges having his own unique way to kill.

The Crime is life, the sentence is DEATH!

Did you know that before Judge Death became the iconic villain, he was just a sadistic boy named Sidney?  His parents sealed his fate with that name.  

No comments:

 
Free Hit Counter